Don't Save the Cleanup for Later in Putnam County
Don't put yourself or your home in a bad position by waiting after water damage in your home.
Water damage can impact even the most valuable possessions inside your home. It can wreak havoc and damage furniture, appliances, plumbing equipment, and electronics. Over time, water damage can lead to the growth of mold inside your home.
The worst thing to do when facing water damage is to “save the cleanup for later”. Some people wait a while when first spotting signs of water damage to see if it will naturally go away. Even if the water evaporates on it own, the source of the damage still exists and will likely result in future problems.
SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties specializes in water remediation and mold cleanup. Call us to schedule your inspection today!
Can Flood Water Be Dangerous in Martinsville, IN
Call 317-834-6382 For Your Storm Clean-Up Needs!
SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties is ready 24/7 for a personalized plan of action for any of your storm needs. Shield yourself from germs as the flood waters are highly contaminated and have lots of mud. SERVPRO has all of the advanced equipment and trained staff to dry-out and properly clean your property.
Here at SERVPRO we follow protocol to clean and sanitize your home after being affected with flood water. Once things are properly cleaned (disinfected) and dried they should be safe from bacteria and viruses. Protect your family and call SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties for all of your storm clean-up needs. We will get your property back to "Like it never even happened."
Tips on Preparing Your Putnam County Business for Cooler Weather
SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties here to remind you of cooler weather coming.
Before winter hits, be sure to properly prepare your business for any type of cold weather, and start conserving energy during the winter heating season. Here are some tips on saving winter costs for your small business:
- Lower your thermostat during off hours. The #1 way businesses waste money in the fall and winter is by heating unoccupied space. By simply setting thermostats to a comfortable temperature during working hours, and setting your heat lower during off hours, you may significantly reduce your energy bill. Although you can do this by hand, a programmable thermostat can be set to return temperatures to normal before you arrive, and adjust the heat back down after you leave. Just set it and forget it. Even better news is your programmable thermostat will also help reduce summer cooling bills.
- Take advantage of off-peak hours. Energy is the most expensive during the peak hours of 9am to 5pm. If you have equipment that requires a lot of energy, Constellation recommends that you try to stagger the use of your equipment, or operate it during off-peak hours (generally, after 5pm and before 9am) to avoid high peaks or surges in usage. This may require a little more planning on your end, but it may reward you with substantial savings.
- Replace air filters. Regular HVAC maintenance not only keeps your systems operating at peak efficiency, which reduces energy bills, but it can also uncover small problems before they become expensive or dangerous. Consider setting up a schedule and reminders to regularly replace filters. This will help keep internal parts clean and ensure that a dirty filter doesn’t choke airflow. In the end, you will enjoy cleaner air.
- Utilize free energy from the sun and minimize heat escape. Something we do at Constellation is take advantage of natural light and heat—so open the blinds and let the sunlight in during the day, especially if you have southern and/or western sun exposure. This will allow the sunlight to naturally light and heat your business for you. To make sure the heat stays where you need it, make sure to seal leaky windows and doors, keep exterior and freight doors closed as much as possible, and consider installing strip doors to limit heat loss.
- Remember, small, inexpensive changes add up. Constellation small business customers know that small changes can add up, quickly. Some of the same things you do at home can have a big impact on your small business energy bill. The changes we’ve mentioned here don’t require a lot of money or effort. They really just require a commitment from you and your team, and a desire to use energy in a smarter way.
SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties
The Calm To Your Commercial Chaos in Morgan County
"Faster to any size disaster"
Operating your own business has perks. Most have operational tasks that are managed day by day. Does your business have a plan for when these day by day tasks get put on hold due to a disaster. SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties has all the answers to your disastrous need.
You might be thinking, what does a disaster in my business mean. Here are some examples that could pause your daily operations. Storm damage, toilet overflow, suspected mold, sewage leak, trauma or bio hazard cleanup. The good news is SERVPRO has IICRC certified technicians that will come in and get your business back to "Like it never even happened." Add SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties to your business contact list for when the unexpected chaos happens.
Before the storm hits Mooresville, IN
Ways To Prevent Water Damage In Your Home
1. Clean and inspect gutters regularly.
2. Keep downspouts cleat of any blockages.
3. Repair or replace roofing as needed.
4. Be sure soffit vents are clean and unobstructed.
5. Check for any cracks or peeling paint.
These could indicate moisture retention.
6. Fill low spots around building foundation
with clean fill dirt.
7. Create a slope away from the structure to drain runoff properly.
8. Trim plants around building to avoid the growth of mold or mildew.
9. Make sure garden areas have adequate drainage.
10. Apply a waterproofing coating to the interior or exterior basement walls.
Heavy rains and strong winds can all cause problems with your property.
Roofs, gutters, and landscapes are exterior elements that should be checked to guard against water damage. Remember to look in attics, basements or crawl spaces for visible signs of water intrusion. Make sure outside vents are clear of any obstruction to ensure proper airflow.
If you find a problem and need restoration help or want spring cleaning assistance, call your local SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam counties professionals. We are on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Musty Smell in Morgan County
24/7/365 Always Count on SERVPRO :)
Unpleasant odors from water damage can last for weeks, even months after the initial incident.
There are many reasons why your home or business can be quickly affected by water. Some of these reasons include:
- Flooded basement
- Toilet overflow
- HVAC system
- Broken appliance
- Foundation crack
- Damaged roof
Many of these reasons are unexpected and can leave your home or business in a state of shock. SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties is on standby ready to restore your home or business to "Like it never even happened."
Yes! Water damage does have a musty smell. Porous materials with excess moisture, such as wood, drywall, cement, and carpeting are more likely to have mold growth after water damage. If you smell a musty, stale, or earthly like smell in your business or home give your local SERVPRO a call.
SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties
Fire Damage in Danville, IN
Trust us at SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties and Call Today
Restoring and protecting contents after fire damage in Danville, IN is done through the pack-out process. Your local SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam counties is ready to be at service to you at any time of the day!
Our pack-out process involves photographing every content put into each box along with a label. We then take them back to our warehouse where they are cleaned and restored to their preloss condition. Contents are separated into two categories. salvageable and unsalvageable.
After your items are restored and the repairs in your home are complete, SERVPRO will then perform a pack back. Note that items are not returned until the job is completed. This can take some patience. Make it "Like it never even happened."
A fire in your home can be a traumatic experience. Trust the professional team at SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties call us today at 317-834-6382
Extreme Heat in Mooresville, IN
Tips on Staying Cool
Dangers of Extreme Heat
It is going to be dangerously hot this weekend! Below are some tips to staying cool.
Without warning, extreme heat can rapidly occur. Those who are at greater risk of extreme heat are older adults, children, and sick or overweight individuals. SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties would like to provide you with some tips of keeping cool this summer.
Find air conditioning.
Avoid strenuous activities.
Watch for heat illness.
Wear light clothing.
Check on family members and neighbors.
Drink plenty of fluids.
Watch for heat cramps, heat exhaustion, and heat stroke.
Never leave people or pets in a closed car.
Find places in your community that offer a safe place to cool off. Drink lots of fluids and avoid heavy meals. Stay indoors and limit sun exposure. If you happen to stay outside apply sunscreen and a wear a wide-brimmed hat to prevent sunburn. SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties cares about your safety!
SERVPRO CE Class
Come and Join Us!!
SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties will be hosting two FREE CE Classes on August 13, 2019
First Class Registration Time is at 8:30 AM Class begins at 9:00 AM
Second Class Registration Time is at 12:30 PM Class begins at 1:00 PM
Attendees are to be on time and stay the entire course to be eligible to receive credits! Lunch will be sponsored by Economy Heating-Air Conditioning-Pluming.
Get ready for some fun! This class will be hosted at the Mooresville Public Library.
220 West Harrison Street
Mooresville, IN 46158
If you would like to attend please call SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties at 317-834-6382 to register! Class size is limited!
Working to make it "Like it never even happened."
24/7 Emergency Services
Property Damage can be devastating. How prepared are you for storm damage in your home?
Well, that’s a silly question considering no one is ever quite comfortable in a wet basement. SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties is known to put those feelings at rest as we restore your property to “Like it never even happened.” SERVPRO is understanding and is known to put your home back to originality in no time. With our IICRC professional staff, we know exactly what it is we need to accomplish to get you back to the normal.
Okay back to the wet basement! Water damage in your basement could stem from a leak in the foundation to a sump pump failure. Contents can be soiled in no time and there is a very little time frame from the time of loss that mold or mildew could become present. Here you will find SERVPRO tips on what you can do until help arrives.
SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties is ready to weather the storm day and night. Call 317-834-6382
24/7 Emergency Services!