Recent Commercial Posts
Tips on Preparing Your Putnam County Business for Cooler Weather
SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties here to remind you of cooler weather coming.
Before winter hits, be sure to properly prepare your business for any type of cold weather, and start conserving energy during the winter heating season. Here are some tips on saving winter costs for your small business:
- Lower your thermostat during off hours. The #1 way businesses waste money in the fall and winter is by heating unoccupied space. By simply setting thermostats to a comfortable temperature during working hours, and setting your heat lower during off hours, you may significantly reduce your energy bill. Although you can do this by hand, a programmable thermostat can be set to return temperatures to normal before you arrive, and adjust the heat back down after you leave. Just set it and forget it. Even better news is your programmable thermostat will also help reduce summer cooling bills.
- Take advantage of off-peak hours. Energy is the most expensive during the peak hours of 9am to 5pm. If you have equipment that requires a lot of energy, Constellation recommends that you try to stagger the use of your equipment, or operate it during off-peak hours (generally, after 5pm and before 9am) to avoid high peaks or surges in usage. This may require a little more planning on your end, but it may reward you with substantial savings.
- Replace air filters. Regular HVAC maintenance not only keeps your systems operating at peak efficiency, which reduces energy bills, but it can also uncover small problems before they become expensive or dangerous. Consider setting up a schedule and reminders to regularly replace filters. This will help keep internal parts clean and ensure that a dirty filter doesn’t choke airflow. In the end, you will enjoy cleaner air.
- Utilize free energy from the sun and minimize heat escape. Something we do at Constellation is take advantage of natural light and heat—so open the blinds and let the sunlight in during the day, especially if you have southern and/or western sun exposure. This will allow the sunlight to naturally light and heat your business for you. To make sure the heat stays where you need it, make sure to seal leaky windows and doors, keep exterior and freight doors closed as much as possible, and consider installing strip doors to limit heat loss.
- Remember, small, inexpensive changes add up. Constellation small business customers know that small changes can add up, quickly. Some of the same things you do at home can have a big impact on your small business energy bill. The changes we’ve mentioned here don’t require a lot of money or effort. They really just require a commitment from you and your team, and a desire to use energy in a smarter way.
SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties
The Calm To Your Commercial Chaos in Morgan County
"Faster to any size disaster"
Operating your own business has perks. Most have operational tasks that are managed day by day. Does your business have a plan for when these day by day tasks get put on hold due to a disaster. SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties has all the answers to your disastrous need.
You might be thinking, what does a disaster in my business mean. Here are some examples that could pause your daily operations. Storm damage, toilet overflow, suspected mold, sewage leak, trauma or bio hazard cleanup. The good news is SERVPRO has IICRC certified technicians that will come in and get your business back to "Like it never even happened." Add SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties to your business contact list for when the unexpected chaos happens.
Why Mold Mitigation is Important to Your Business
Mold job in Martinsville, Indiana
In 2018 SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties mitigated a commercial mold job in Martinsville, Indiana. Mold can cause major health issues and spread very rapidly.
SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties was called in to clean up the aftermath! The owner was thrilled and stated, " Please express my appreciation to the SERVPRO employees who so diligently and skillfully attended to the issues presented at the above-referenced resident address." Our goal is to get your business functions up and running to "Like it never even happened."
If the right conditions exist, mold will grow. Those conditions include:
Water - Different mold types require varying amounts of liquid before growth begins.
Temperature - Normal indoor temperatures will promote mold growth.
Time - Initial mold colonizers can take hold within one day after being exposed to an adequate water supply.
If you suspect mold in your home, call SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties at 317-834-6382 to assess the situation. We have the knowledge, tools and track record to effectively remediate mold in your home or business.
Faster to your Morgan & Putnam Counties Commercial Water Damage Event
We are Faster to Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your business and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Morgan & Putman Counties arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
If your business has been affected by the recent storms, Please call your local SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam counties at 317-834-6382 for fast, friendly, and reliable service. We will get your business "Like it never even happened."
If An Emergency Strikes Your Business Will You be READY?
Are You READY>
No one plans ON a disaster but you can plan FOR a disaster.
Timing Is Everything
Timely response in a crisis can help minimize business interruption and loss of revenue. A timely response can also save thousands of dollars in reduced secondary damages.
Our SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile is a startup approach that provides each business with critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services.
Why the SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile
We provide a no-cost assessment of your facility that will only take a little time to complete and not interfere with your schedule but will save you a lot of time if ever needed
Preparation is a key component for making it through any size disaster, whether it’s a small water leak, a large fire, or an area flood. The best time to plan for such events is not when the event happens, but well before it happens.
The SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile serves as a quick reference of important building and contact information or can be an ideal supplement to any well-designed emergency preparedness or existing contingency program. Rather than simply reacting to disaster situations, most prefer proactive measures to establish a relationship with a restoration services company.
Call SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties at 317-834-6382 Today for a No Cost Assessment of Your Facility!
What to do if Your Indianapolis area Hotel Floods
What to Do if Your Hotel Floods
Flooding is a common occurrence in many parts of the country, and we are certainly no strangers to it here in the Indianapolis area. Whether it happens as a flash flood or as a slow buildup from constant rain, you need to be prepared for this type of event. As a hotel owner, there are some specific things to be aware of:
- Your guests. The people who are staying in your property are at the top of the list of concerns when it comes to flooding. Make sure everyone is aware of impending danger, and touch base with each guest to make sure they know how to stay safe. Getting emergency contacts for your guests is a good idea, too, in case something unexpected happens and you need the assistance of a close friend or family member.
- Medical issues. If there are guests staying with you who have medical issues or are either very young or very elderly, it might be a wise idea to get these people to a facility that can watch over them closely, such as a hospital or community safe haven.
- Vigilance. Even if you think the flood risk is low in your area, stay vigilant. Understand the potential exposure of your property, using reports from such organizations such as the NOAA Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service, which provides quarterly updates and maps that show areas that are at high risk during certain times of the year. Historic flood maps are another useful resource that will help you understand the potential risk where you are. Be informed as to how high water can possibly rise, and evacuate lower levels to make sure no one gets hurt.
- Insurance. Take note of the flood insurance you have on your property before a flooding disaster strikes. Have your attorney go over it for you to make sure that your coverage is sufficient for any disaster that might bring water damage and storm damage. Copies of this coverage and all other key business information should be kept in a safe location that won’t be damaged by flood waters.
- Proactive. Be proactive, and consider getting a sump pump to help minimize potential damages from flooding. Make sure all maintenance projects are current for the entire building, and especially the gutters, roofing, and doors and windows.
- Emergency Kits. These may come in handy if people get stuck in the building for a few days. Water, food, first aid items, toiletries, batteries, flashlights, and other emergency items will need to be available in the event that a flood forces people to stay put.
- Evacuation Plan. Design a flood evacuation route for your employees and guests and make sure it is posted where everyone can access it for a quick retreat.
- Weather Eye. Keep an eye on the weather by accessing local weather broadcasts, and paying attention to evacuation orders. If the local authorities are insisting that you evacuate, it would be a good idea to follow their instructions.
Here at SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties, we care about you and your business. We’re here in case an emergency happens, and we can help with clean-up projects both large and small. Call us today for help with damages from flooding or fire, and don’t forget that we’re mold remediation specialists!
SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties
Prepare Your Business!
Prepare your business for the winter weather!
-Check your business property for downed tree limbs and branches. Weather, such as wind, heavy rain, ice and snow, can cause branches to fall, which could cause damage to the property and potentially cause personal injuries.
-Inspect property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
-Inspect all handrails, stairwells and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas. Install mats or non-slip surfaces and post caution signs where water could be present.
-Ask your SERVPRO Professional about starting an Emergency Ready Profile for your business.
What is an Emergency Ready Profile?
It is a "snapshot" of each building owned/managed by a business that provides critical information for emergency preparation.
Let SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam County make it “Like it never even happened.”
CALL us at SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties 317-834-6382
Tips for Preparing your Mooresville, IN Business for Winter Weather
Let SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties make it “Like it never even happened”.
Keep your Business clear from winter weather.
Winter weather will be upon us very soon as we head into the winter months of the Mooresville area. Here are a few things to think about for your commercial property.
Tips for Preparing Your Business for Winter Weather
- Check your business property for downed tree limbs and branches. Weather, such as wind, heavy rain, ice and snow, can cause branches to fall, which could cause damage to the property and potentially cause personal injuries.
- Inspect property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas. Install mats or non-slip surfaces and post caution signs where water could be present.
- Contact SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties Franchise Professionals about starting a Disaster Recovery Plan for your
SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties responds quickly to your Mooresville fire, water, or mold damage emergency, 24 hours a day. Whether the damage occurs in a small business building or a big box store, we have the training, experience, and equipment to handle the situation.
CALL us at SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties 317-834-6382
Protecting Your Commercial Property
How Secondary Damage Can Make Commercial Flooding Worse
If your business floods, your first concern may be the rising water itself. While this is certainly a problem, it’s also important to avoid secondary damage. The increased levels of humidity in the room can cause black mold to spread. Here are a few ways you can avoid this problem after a flood in Mooresville, IN:
- Call a restoration company immediately
- Thoroughly clean all damaged items
- Keep an eye out for signs of mold for a few weeks after restoration
It’s essential for business owners to follow each of these steps to stop the damage. Furthermore, understanding how secondary damage occurs can help you avoid it.
Plenty of Humidity
Even a few inches of water can significantly increase the humidity levels in a room. This high humidity means that there is a lot of water in the air. That moisture in the air then sticks to the walls, surfaces, and furniture in the area.
Moisture Leads to Mold
When the water in the air lands on particular surfaces, it can begin to grow black mold. Unfortunately, that means that the mold grows in places where you may not expect it.
How does moisture make mold? Mold spores are all around us. However, without the necessary water levels, they don’t grow into anything dangerous. Once humidity rises in your business, those previously harmless mold spores become a problem.
The Clock is Ticking
The very second water spills into your business, you’re on a timer to prevent mold and other problems. In most cases, you have only 24 to 48 hours until the mold is visible. This is one of the reasons it is important to call SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties immediately.
Black mold and other secondary damage can make flooding in your business worse than it already would have been. Be sure to contact SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties as soon as you see signs of flooding and avoid this problem altogether. Visit www.SERVPROmorganputnamcounties.comor call 317-834-6382 for more information on commercial water damage.
Important Steps to take for Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
6 Critical Steps During Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Fire is amongst the worst disasters that can affect the running of a business and can halt operations for a long period due to damage to the business office and various office equipment. Therefore, it is imperative that the business owner initiates a fire damage restoration process as soon as possible to reverse the immense fire damage to the business. This will significantly assist in getting the business back in operation as fast as possible. It is important to use a fire restoration company as they provide other beneficial services other than just fire restoration. Here are six important steps a business owner should adhere to during a business’s fire damage restoration process.
1. Have an emergency contact
It is imperative that a business owner should have the emergency contacts of a fire restoration company as they offer immediate emergency services. This means that they will avail their services as soon as they are contacted and offer immediate relief services that will save the business thousands of dollars. In addition to putting out the fire together with the fire department, the fire restoration personnel will prevent the spreading of the fire and damage to the rest of the business property.
2. Damage Assessment
The next step conducted by the restoration company in this process is assessing the extent of fire damage to the business property. This step entails assessing how far the soot, smoke, and fire have traveled and the extent of damage to the furniture and walls of the property. The damage assessment step is important as it provides an accurate and realistic damage report that assists in making an action plan, accurate cost of restoration and the exact time frame to conduct the restoration.
3. Sealing and Tarping Services
As the restoration of the damaged process begins, it is imperative that the fire damage restoration company prevent further damage to the business property by offering sealing and tarping services. This aims to avoid increasing the restoration costs for the business owner as well as completing the restoration process within the set time frame. Luckily, this process can be executed concurrently with other restoration processes such as water damage restoration process. This ensures that any identified water leak or water pipe damage is fixed within the shortest time possible to avoid spreading of water all over the business property and causing more damage.
4. Damage Clean Up
When all sealing and tarping services are complete, the fire damage restoration company proceeds to next stage, which entails cleaning and clearing up the fire damaged area. This process involves cleaning away the soot, dust, and smoke from the surfaces of the business property. In most cases, a building’s walls and other surfaces appear charred, dark and stained. Therefore, cleaning of the surfaces plays a big role in ensuring the business property regains its normal look. Other damage restoration processes such as repairing water leaks and damaged water pipes are done and completed at this stage. Finally, removing and disposing all damaged items from the property marks the end of the clean-up phase. These include office furniture and other equipment that are beyond repair due to fire damage or water contamination. It is important that the business owner replaces such items with new ones to avoid future restoration and repair expenses.
5. Damage Repair and Property Restoration
This step entails restoring damaged furniture and other office equipment with new ones as well as repairing damaged office property such as installing new wall cabinets and repainting the office walls. This step ensures the business premises return to its former glory. However, other than conducting restoration activities, the business owner is presented with the opportunity to introduce and carry out new renovations to the business property. This will leave the business property looking even better than before, with new furniture, new office design, and a complete property facelift.
After the completion of the fire damage restoration process, the fire damage restoration company can offer free advice, video tutorials or even short seminars on various ways to prevent fires in the future, better office designs and fire detection devices that can help detect smoke and fire within the business premises.
Visit www.SERVPROMorganandPutnamCounties.com or call 317-834-6382 for more information on commercial fire damage.
Does Your Business Fire Loss Need Air Purification?
Air Purification After Fire Damage
Smoke smells and smoke damage are present in the air after a fire, which will require removal purifying. A restoration company will employ a variety of techniques to clean and sanitize the air so that the property can be usable once again. Fire damage restoration cannot be complete without a complete purification of the air.
A fire in a business can extensively damage drywall or paint, which will need to be restored last once all other damage is handled. Once the smoke smell is completely removed, fire cleanup and be completed with aesthetic touches. Complete fire damage restoration will leave the property completely usable. Commercial fire damage is reversed to the point where business can resume as usual, "Like it never even happened."
The stability provided by a restoration company after a fire in a home or a fire in a business is incomparable to that of an individual handling the situation by him- or herself. Fire cleanup is a complicated task that requires specialized equipment and multiple technicians depending on the extent of the fire damage. It is almost impossible to reverse commercial fire damage without help. Whether it is just to board up the property or to remove all the water from firefighting, a company takes on a lot of the burden, providing stability to a shaken individual.
Call us at
SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam Counties 317-834-6382
Restoring Your Morgan County Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Commercial Water Damage Events Present Unique Challenges
Flooding and water damage events at Morgan County commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Morgan County
SERVPRO of Morgan and Putnam Counties specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.