Before the storm hits Mooresville, IN
Ways To Prevent Water Damage In Your Home
1. Clean and inspect gutters regularly.
2. Keep downspouts cleat of any blockages.
3. Repair or replace roofing as needed.
4. Be sure soffit vents are clean and unobstructed.
5. Check for any cracks or peeling paint.
These could indicate moisture retention.
6. Fill low spots around building foundation
with clean fill dirt.
7. Create a slope away from the structure to drain runoff properly.
8. Trim plants around building to avoid the growth of mold or mildew.
9. Make sure garden areas have adequate drainage.
10. Apply a waterproofing coating to the interior or exterior basement walls.
Heavy rains and strong winds can all cause problems with your property.
Roofs, gutters, and landscapes are exterior elements that should be checked to guard against water damage. Remember to look in attics, basements or crawl spaces for visible signs of water intrusion. Make sure outside vents are clear of any obstruction to ensure proper airflow.
If you find a problem and need restoration help or want spring cleaning assistance, call your local SERVPRO of Morgan & Putnam counties professionals. We are on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.